- Capability, quoting, routing, shipment, pickup, tracking & more for time-definite international shipments
- Users with a DHL Express customer account
- Available globally
MyDHL API combines the benefits of DHL Express with your in-house shipping processes. Integrating into your website, it connects with your existing order entry, warehouse management and other business software systems to help you run a more streamlined and efficient operation. Simply integrate!
MyDHL API is your one stop solution for all DHL EXPRESS service operations. It consists of:
Optimize and grow your business
- Integrate DHL Express functions - such as fulfilment processes - into your existing system seamlessly
- Access shipping options and rates for DHL Express without the need to switch programs or re-enter information
- Retain the user interface your teams are familiar with - no need for timely and costly employee training
- Sell more at your e-commerce checkout by offering DHL Express shipping products
Created for developers
- A single API based on industry standards that developers know and understand
- Built with the fast-paced warehouse and time-sensitive e-commerce checkout in mind
- Dedicated API environment to test your solution
- Developer support from local DHL Express API experts
Do more with MyDHL API
|MyDHL API Services||Description|
|The Rating service Operation will return DHL EXPRESS product capabilities (products, value added services and estimated delivery time) and your DHL EXPRESS Account rates.|
|A light-weight version of the Rating service to retrieve available DHL Express products for a one-piece shipment.|
The Shipment service Operation allows you to create complete DHL EXPRESS shipments which includes the shipping labels, optional customs documentation and pickups together with value added services such as Insurance.
DHL EXPRESS recommends to use the Rating service first to see all the available products and value added services first to then pass the desired DHL EXPRESS product and value added service into the Shipment service Operation.
In addition to creating DHL Express shipments the SHIPMENT service can also provide electronic proof of delivery for certain delivered shipments and upload updated customs invoice images for your shipments.
|The Pickup service can create, update or cancel DHL Express pickup requests|
|The Tracking service retrieves tracking statuses for DHL Express Shipments|
|Validates if DHL Express has got pickup/delivery capabilities at origin/destination|
Using the API
The API has been designed for use by developers. You will need basic knowledge of REST APIs, JSON, and HTTPS. Also, your organization must to have an active customer account with DHL Express. If you need to learn more on how to get an account, go to the DHL Express customer account request page.
Example use cases
SIMPLY INTEGRATE IN YOUR EXISTING WEBSITE / SOLUTION
Incorporating DHL shipping functionality into your websites, customer service applications or order processing systems makes it easy for you to ship and your customers to receive their parcels. DHL Express API allows you to stay up to date with DHL service availability, transit times, rates, shipment and courier pickup booking, along with shipment tracking from countries around the world.
To use the DHL Express API, your organization requires to have an active customer account with DHL Express.
I already have a DHL Express Account number:
|[1.] Start your on-boarding process||[2.] Get API access|
Your DHL Express API access will be provided and will be able to start developing your integration
If you are not a DHL Express customer, please proceed with the steps below to create a new customer account:
|[1.] Request a customer account.||[2.] Account Setup||[3.] Get API access|
|Go to the DHL Express customer account request page. Complete the form and click Submit.||The DHL Express team will contact you to set up your account.||Once you have been given your DHL Express Account, simply Click here to get Access!|
Your DHL EXPRESS consultant will provide you with access credentials to the DHL EXPRESS API (MyDHL API) and assist in technical queries you may have.
Please ensure that the Authorization header as part of the request is set as pre-emptively and following the BasicAuth standards.
The addressable API base URL/URI environment is:
|https://xmlpitest-ea.dhl.com||Test environment to test your development against|
|https://xmlpi-ea.dhl.com||Production environment to create real transactions with DHL Express|
- The DHL EXPRESS Test Environment will provide you a daily limit of 500 Service invocations for your access credentials. This should be used to test your integration development with DHL EXPRESS
- The DHL EXPRESS Test Environment has formal SLA's against it to ensure that support is at hand with availability.
The input data for DHL Express API is validated in several steps. The first step is general schema validation
based on data cardinality and data content restrictions defined by the request message format (i.e.
schema validation). In a second step, several business rules are applied on the passed data. The
results of these validations are placed in the result message of the service operation. The service
operation always delivers a result message. All errors or validation errors are stored in this result
Specific Terms for the use of and access to the DHL Express - MyDHL API ("MyDHL API")
- To register for the use of MyDHL API You and/or the legal entity you are authorized to represent (hereinafter "You"/"Your") need to have an active customer account with a DHL Express entity. An API Productive Key and access details will be provided to You subject to a successful validation of Your credentials by DHL.
- If You engage an external developer, or other IT services provider to develop Your Application or any other third party ("Third Parties") to access and/or use the MyDHL API on Your behalf, You remain fully liable for any acts or omissions of such Third Parties in connection with the access to and/or usage of the MyDHL API.
- The Legal Terms govern Your use of and/or access to the MyDHL API and, unless otherwise stated herein, do not replace and/or modify the applicable terms and conditions of carriage; any transportation services agreement; or any other agreements with DHL Express or any of its affiliates, which govern services or products provided to You (separately, each an "Agreement"). Notwithstanding the foregoing, You expressly acknowledge and agree that solely with respect to Your use of and access to the MyDHL API the Legal Terms shall take precedence over the terms and conditions in an Agreement, unless an Agreement specifically addresses the use of or access to the MyDHL API by You, in which case the Agreement shall prevail.
- Additional terms, to be accepted separately by You, may apply to certain API Services. Please be aware that transportation services provided by DHL Express are, and always remain, strictly subject to the DHL Express Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
- You grant DHL Express the right to use all data, documents, logos or other information transmitted by You to or within the MyDHL API ("Information"), for the purposes specified in the API Services. This includes the use of the Information for the purpose of processing and transporting shipments. You shall ensure that all Information which You transmit to DHL Express via the MyDHL API is complete, correct and accurate. You will be solely responsible for any damage or consequence that may arise from the use of false or incorrect or incomplete Information. You shall be solely responsible for, and shall indemnify DHL Express in full against, any claims, losses, damages or consequences that may arise from the use of or reliance on the Information.
- You are responsible for all activities conducted via the MyDHL API in accordance with all applicable laws, in particular competition, data protection and customs laws. You shall be responsible for the provision of the correct legal ground to process personal data in order for DHL Express to communicate with receivers and consignees of shipments. In particular, in countries where consent is required, You shall obtain the consent of any receiver for the receipt of any e-mail or SMS from DHL Express or any other data, documents or information in electronic form and in general, from any third party, for personal data owned by any third party and which You provided to DHL Express. On request of DHL Express, You shall provide DHL Express with evidence of such consent.
- You accept that DHL Express will incur costs in processing shipping orders made via the MyDHL API and that DHL Express may request that You compensate it in the event that You do not subsequently tender a shipment for the shipping orders at the expected pick-up time.
- The API Services are provided on an "as is" basis. DHL Express, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excludes all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties rights and fitness for a particular purpose. DHL Express, its affiliates or agents make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security or timeliness of the API Services. No information obtained via the MyDHL API shall create any warranty not expressly stated by DHL Express in the Legal Terms.
- You shall use the MyDHL API only for the legitimate contractual purposes and only in connection with Your DHL Express shipments.
- API Services
The following prerequisites and restrictions apply for the use of and access to the API Services, the data or the information provided via the MyDHL API.
The details below are not an exhaustive list of the API Services available through the MyDHL API, DHL Express just wants You to be aware of specific elements of certain API Services available to You.
- "Create a Shipment"
- When using the API Service "Create a Shipment" this includes, amongst other things, the possibility to create and print shipping labels, to book shipment collections and access other value added services. Please be aware that the booking of the shipment within MyDHL API does not constitute the contract of carriage. The contract of carriage will only be concluded when the shipment is handed over or picked up and accepted by DHL Express.
- "Product and Rating"
- The API Service "Product" provides You with DHL Express' product capabilities for a certain piece of a shipment, whereas the API Service "Rating" gives indications on prices and estimated delivery dates/times.
- The API Service "Landed Cost" calculates an estimated landed cost that includes customs duties, freight charges, and other charges that You may provide to DHL Express. For the "Landed Cost" service as part of the DHL EXPRESS - MyDHL API additional terms and conditions shall apply as set out below.
- Data requested and received, such as product name, product capability, rate(s), lead time(s)/estimated delivery date(s), is hereinafter referred to as "Product and/or Rating Data".
- The information about rates and transit time and/or delivery date, is only indicative and not guaranteed. DHL Express has no liability or responsibility for differences between this indicative quote and the actual rate or transit time. The final rate and/or transit time may differ based on the characteristics of the shipment, services requested and the packages actually tendered to DHL Express. Rates quoted may not include duties, taxes, customs charges or all surcharges and fees.
- You shall not reveal to and/or provide any third parties, esp. other transportation and/or logistics services providers, with the Product and/or Rating Data without DHL Express' prior written consent.
- You shall not store and/or modify Product and/or Rating Data in any form; it is especially prohibited to analyze and/or derive data/information for competitive purposes from the Product and/or Rating Data without our prior written consent.
- Support for multilingual Global Shipment Receipt
- Updated invoice display logic to individually and consistently show Freight and Insurance charges, preventing them from being categorized under "Other Charges" for enhanced clarity
- Refined label request mapping to align fully with the GLS 2D barcode Data Model, incorporating new mandatory and optional data elements per the latest GLS specifications
- Include Third Party Integration in analytics and reporting. The customer’s system/platform name of the vendor is mapped and pushed to backend reporting tools such as C360, OPMS and PowerBI for business analytics.
- Auto-enrichment of Customer Messages with other Service Codes. Considering of special services (CIN2, GoGreen/ GoGreen+) which is part of Customer agreement on DHL Express account level when rendering the Transport label. Automatic enrichment of service code will be applied to all shipment data regardless of the shipment type (nondoc or doc shipment, PLT or nonPLT, advance shipment, labelfree etc).Auto enrichment of service code will be applied based on account number customer agreement data setup from GCDB.
- Enhanced data validation: positive values are enforced for parameters such as InvoiceTotalNetWeight, InvoiceTotalGrossWeight, UnitPrice, GrossWeight, ChargeValue, ImportCustomsDutyValue, ImportTaxesValue . Negative values or zeros are no longer permissible.
- Export Line Item's UOM (Unit of Measurement) mandatory validation
- Book Pickup error message enhancement for pickup window validation errors.