Over the course of this year, all Post & DHL APIs have found a new home in the new "Group API Developer Portal" (GDP). This is in response to the many requests from our customers for a single portal to access all Deutsche Post DHL APIs. As the final step in merging all APIs into one portal, we will shut down the previous Post & DHL developer portal (Entwicklerportal Post & DHL) on December 8th 2023.
The switch to GDP will not result in any additional costs for you, as all existing connections will continue to function beyond 2023. However, new connections can only be set up via the new GDP.
On this info page you will find brief instructions and FAQs for your switch to the new Group API Developer Portal
What awaits you in the Group API Developer Portal
With Deutsche Post & DHL APIs, you can quickly and easily use our solutions for logistics and dialog marketing and extend your web services with useful information. Using our APIs, you can create shipping labels and Internet stamps, query shipment status or integrate our services into your online store.
Easy-to-use step-by-step instructions guide you through the entire connection process. Detailed documentations, code examples and extensive FAQs on the respective API pages will help you with the integration.
For more in-depth questions, you can also contact our support team.
- Creation of return labels to be used by end customers
- Returns sender countries: bgr, dnk, deu, est, fin, fra, grc, gbr, irl, ita, hrv, lva, ltu, lux, mlt, nld, aut, pol, prt, rou, swe, che, svk, svn, esp, cze, hun, cyp
- Determination of receiver configuration for your account
- Business Customers using Mail Communication Services (discounted rate) (Verfolgen Brief Teilleistungen)
- Subscribing to DPDHL Mail Communication Tracking Push API
- Register for Push API subscription
- Provide your client URL and business customer portal user
- Start receiving daily mail shipment status pushed from DPDHL to your endpoint
This API is used for planning Dialogue Marketing print mailings.
- Plan new target groups and
- Select target areas.
- Get possible options for your print mailing directly and
- Receive relevant recipient data for the dispatch preparation.
- Finding all DHL pick-up and drop-off points to send and receive packages
- Integrating multiple types of Deutsche Post DHL locations
- Locations in Germany and many countries worldwide
- Providing access to the shipment status at any time
- Integrating all types of Deutsche Post DHL shipments
- Multiple shipments (e.g. eCommerce, Express, Freight, Letter, Parcel, etc.)
Looking for other Post and DHL Germany APIs?
You can also find the documentation for older Post & DHL APIs here in the Group API Developer Portal (GDP). Access to this can be provided to you free of charge. Please register for GDP and then contact our support team.
Here are some tips that'll show you, how to navigate through the Developer Portal to find the API, fitting best to your business.
Browse API catalog by filtering APIs: If you browse through the API catalog you can use the left side filter navigation to enclose the shown APIs.
If you know the Division in which the product your API servs lies, please check the Division box to filter the APIs (e.g. Post & Parcel Germany). Another common way is to filter APIs by Service Type (e.g. Location / Shipping / Pickup / Tracking).
APIs Business Use Cases: Now, that you have filtered the APIs to a smaller amount, you should have a closer look at the API Teaser. The section "Best for" explains the business use case of the API and you'll find also the geographical location, where the API is available. You can find even more information of the API use case. After clicking on the API teaser, the API reference page opens, where you can find detaild information about the API under Get Started/Scope
In order to harmoize and modernize our API landscape for DP DHL overall, we are currently transferring the old Post and DHL Entwicklerportal APIs and funcionalities to the new Developer Portal.
Please refer to the information in the old developer portal, we are going to provide during the year 2023.
In case of IT-service and API incidents you get proactively informed by Post & Parcel Germany. All you have to do is: Visit the IT Status Dashboard under https://post-paket-deutschland.status.api.dhl.com/ and register for all services you'd like to get informed about.
You have provided a Postman test collection, but I don't know how to use it. Please read our step-by-step instructions at: https://developer.dhl.com/howto-use-postman